What is OpVision?
OpVision is the advanced multi-platform tool for the analysis and quantification of operational risk. The underlying methodology is fully compliant with Basel II Advanced Measurement Approach, giving access to significant relief on regulatory capital.
- Capital Calculation: OpVision integrates in a single application all the solutions compatible with Basel II, including mixed (standard/advanced) models, benefits of diversification, and mitigation of capital by insurance.
- Advanced Modeling: OpVision adopts the Loss Distribution Approach (LDA) for modeling loss events, using a wide variety of statistical distributions.
- Data Exploration: OpVision allows the visualization and statistical analysis of operational risk losses collected by the institution (internal loss data) and losses from external sources.
Fully compliant with Basel II
Basic, Standard and Advanced Measurement approaches
Monte Carlo analysis
Loss Distribution Approach (LDA)
Variance reduction techniques
What is new in OpVision 8.0?
We are proud to introduce our next major release: OpVision 8.0. It is the result of our efforts to provide our users new tools based on their suggestions and recent needs. Final version available since March 15th, 2016.
- Weights by database: Weights for the fits can now be assigned to entire databases, independently of the number of events they contain, as a percentage of the total weight.
- AIC and BIC: As a new aid in the process of model selection, the values of both the Akaike Information Criterion (AIC) and the Bayesian Information Criterion (BIC) are provided for every parametric fit.
- Sensitivity analyses with respect to several variables: Sensitivity analyses of model parameters and risk measures have been extended to support several independent variables.
- GoF p-values considering the estimation method: New versions of the goodness-of-fit tests, in which the calculation of the statistic’s distribution takes into account the estimation method used to obtain the distribution from the data.
- Partial specification of copulas: Diversified analyses can now be performed for any subset of risk units.
Included in OpVision 7.0
- High Availability: All the OpVision components fulfill the requirements to be deployed in a High Availability environment.
- Dependence Sensitivity Analysis: Diversified analyses support the specification of several structures of dependence and the risk measures for all of them can be compared simultaneously.
- Faster and better algorithms: Upgraded parameter estimation algorithms, with improved convergence properties and better performance.
- Extended User management and LDAP support: User management is simplified and can be integrated with the rest of your authorization systems.
- Technological update: OpVision deploys in the latest versions of the most popular application servers (WebSphere 8.5, Wildfly 8.1, …). Web Services are also available in order to integrate OpVision with third-party reporting tools.
IRB: Who we are
R&D Projects in risk management, portfolio optimization, derivatives pricing, Consulting and Training.
OpVision user since 2005 with a dedicated professional team.